Parent Forum and Parent Information
We are in unprecedented times at the moment, as a school we have to follow the advice we are given by the government. Recently, the Government have laid out the next steps of delaying the transfer of the virus. As a senior leadership team we have discussed how this will look in school.
Any children or staff who are displaying symptoms of a high temperature or a new persistent cough should self-isolate and book a PCR test. Please inform school as soon as possible.
If a child presents in school with a temperature or has developed a new cough, they will be kept away from other children and parents will be asked to collect them as soon as possible and they will be asked to self-isolate and book a PCR test.
Staff with significant underlying health issues have been advised to limit contact with other people.
Parents are encouraged to engage with the home testing which is available.
With regards to general issues in school we have made the following decisions:
We will continue regular handwashing throughout the day and the cleaners will be cleaning door handles and other hard surfaces more regularly.
We would like to limit the number of non-staff adults who are coming into school, therefore if you wish to speak to your child’s class teacher please do this by phone or by email. I have listed all the teacher’s emails below. Teachers will only answer emails within their normal working day and when they are not teaching.
We have made learning available on the website for children who are self-isolating and please contact your child's class teacher.
We will have 2 year groups in collective worship rather than whole school
We will have staggered breaktimes and lunchtimes.
All school staff will still be working even if self-isolating (unless they are unwell), and will respond to emails, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your children or their learning please do not hesitate to get in touch.
As a school we still have a responsibility to ensure that our children are safeguarded, and the Designated Safeguarding Leads will be checking in with some families if they are off school for extended periods of time as we would normally within school. The 4 Designated Safeguarding Leads are Miss West, Mrs Kirwin, Mrs Wright and Mr McLaren. If families feel they need access to food bank vouchers please contact Miss West or Mrs Sharp who can arrange this.
Staff Email Addresses:
Miss West - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Kirwin - email@example.com
Mrs Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Clark - email@example.com
Miss Crow - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Cox - email@example.com
Mrs Deeming - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr McLaren - email@example.com
Miss Petruzziello - firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Redrup - email@example.com
Mrs Seaman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Tregunna - email@example.com
Mrs Rowe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Office - email@example.com
Coronavirus Advice Poster
Local Services in Surrey:
- Children and Family Health Surrey Advice Line - Families with children from birth to 19 years old can call our Surrey-wide 0-19 Advice Line on: 01883 340922
- Online CBT Service for 18+ for those registered with a GP in Surrey
Mindworks has a new Helpline for family’s struggling with children with ASD/ADHD
Families have told us they would like access out of hours support at the time they are struggling with behaviour / difficulties which could be related to neurodevelopmental need, such as autism or ADHD
An out-of-hours phone line now provides advice to parents and carers and runs from 5pm until 11pm, seven days a week, 365 days a year. More details:
Just click on the link below to access details about this service:
- Family Information Service
- Barnardo's Positive Parenting Support - Specialist ADHD Parenting Support: Advice and support for parents of children who have been diagnosed with, or whose children are awaiting diagnosis of ADHD. Tel: 01293 610689
National Services and Support:
- Family Lives - Offers parenting advice, free phone helpline 7am to 12am Tel: 0808 800 2222
- Samaritans - We offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way - about whatever is getting to you. You don't have to be suicidal. Tel: 116123
- Young Minds - Parent Advice line available to offer advice to anyone worried about a child or young person under 25 operating Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 4.00pm Tel: 0808 802 5544
- Carers UK - We give carers expert advice, information and support. We campaign and innovate to find better ways to reach and support carers.
- Mencap - Mencap is a UK charity for people with a learning disability. We support their families and carers, too.