Webinars from CAMHS Early Invention Team
CAMHS Early Invention Team have created some webinar presentations to support parents, in supporting your child with understanding anxiety, and some strategies to manage anxiety with the current circumstances of COVID and Lockdown in mind.
Each webinar is under 25 minutes long and can be paused at any time. CAMHS recommend that you begin by watching the 'What is Anxiety?' and 'Strategies to Manage Anxiety' webinars, as these will provide a general understanding, and may be referred to in the other webinar presentations.
Insomnia and Other Sleep Disturbances
For many otherwise healthy people, the disruption caused by COVID-19 on daily life has impacted the quality of their sleep – with insomnia and other sleep disturbances keeping many awake at night. Here is an in-depth resource called “The Complete Guide to Insomnia - and How You Can Manage It”.
The guide shares comprehensive information such as:
- An in-depth look at insomnia: what causes it, the different kinds of insomnia, and its effects on health and wellbeing.
- Advice for managing insomnia effectively with stress management and relaxation techniques, proper diet and exercise, good sleeping environment, CBT, and mindfulness meditation.
- How certain medications and treatments can affect sleep, the importance of routine for good sleep hygiene, and why you should keep a sleep journal.
- Links to other useful resources and websites to better understand and develop good sleeping habits.
Supporting Daily Routines
Support Reading and Language
A range of books for younger children about different and emotional and life experiences www.littleparachutes.com
Helping Your Child with Fears and Worries 2nd Edition
A self help guide for parents - written by Cathy Cresswell
Helping Your Anxious Child
- written by Rapee, Spence, Cobham and Wignall
No Worries! Mindful Kids
An activity book - written by Katie Abey
What To Do When You Worry Too Much
A kids guide to overcoming anxiety - written by Dawn Huebner
Starving The Anxiety Gremlin for Children Aged 5-8
A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workbook on anxiety management - written by Kate Collins-Donnelly
Overcoming Your Child's Shyness and Social Anxiety
A self-help guide to CBT techniques - written by Cathy Cresswell and Lucy Willetts
Relax Kids Aladdin's Magic Carpet
- written by Marneta Viegas
Sitting Still Like A Frog
Mindfulness exercises for kids (and their parents) - written by Eline Snel
The Whole Brain Child
- written by Dr Tina Payne Bryson and Dr Daniel Siegel